Sarah M. Forsse supports the attorneys and clients of McNeill Baur PLLC as a Patent Prosecution Coordinator. She has been working in intellectual property law for almost fifteen years, managing complex US and foreign patent portfolios. As a registered Patent Agent, Sarah has a deep understanding of US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) regulations. Her chemistry background also allows her to be more involved in clients’ portfolios. Prior to joining McNeill Baur, Sarah was a Patent Specialist with Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett and Dunner, LLP. Sarah contributes to the firm by:
- preparing technical application documents including sequence listings and formal drawings, including chemical structure drawings;
- reviewing US applications for patent term adjustment calculations and issuance requirements;
- providing research support, including procurement of relevant scientific articles and domestic and foreign prosecution documents;
- collaboratively working with attorneys and support staff on patent prosecution requirements and protocols including researching rule changes;
- managing attorneys’ US and international prosecution dockets to assure all deadlines are appropriately docketed and met;
- filing patent applications and other prosecution documents at the USPTO;
- coordinating prosecution with foreign counsel across extensive patent portfolios; and
- preparing client reports and foreign counsel instructions.
Prior to Finnegan, Sarah was a Research Assistant in the lab of Dr. Don Smith at the University of California, Santa Cruz and a Foreign Filing Specialist at Rae-Venter Law Group, P.C. Sarah received her Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of California, Santa Cruz.