Richard C. King supports the attorneys and clients of McNeill Baur PLLC as a Patent Prosecution Coordinator. With almost 25 years in intellectual property law, Richard has extensive experience managing complex patent filings and prosecution. Prior to joining McNeill Baur, Richard was the Supervisor of International Patent Prosecution in the Filing and Prosecution Department of Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett and Dunner, LLP. His duties include:
- preparing and filing foreign applications in regional patent offices, including European Patent Office, Eurasian Patent Office, ARIPO African Regional Office, OAPI African Regional Patent Office, and the Gulf Cooperation Council Patent Office;
- preparing and managing PCT application filing;
- overseeing Paris Convention filings in non-PCT countries, including preparing formal documents, coordinating proper legalization of documents for international filings, and communicating with foreign counsel;
- corresponding with clients and foreign counsel regarding deadlines and status of applications;
- preparing and filing documents at the USPTO; and
- maintaining complete and accurate electronic files.