Rachel A. Ashton supports the attorneys and clients of McNeill Baur PLLC as a Patent Prosecution Coordinator. With nearly 20 years in intellectual property law, Rachel has experience with US and foreign patent filings and prosecution. Prior to joining McNeill Baur, Rachel was employed for 15 years as Patent Legal Secretary with Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP. In her current role, Rachel assists the attorneys of McNeill Baur by:
- docketing and reporting incoming USPTO and international correspondence;
- preparing and filing documents at the USPTO;
- preparing and managing PCT application filing;
- preparing formal documents, coordinating proper legalization of documents for international filings, and communicating with foreign counsel;
- maintaining complete and accurate electronic files;
- monitoring the daily docket; and
- corresponding with clients and foreign counsel regarding deadlines and status of applications.