Juliana H. Merlino supports the attorneys and clients of McNeill Baur PLLC as a Patent Prosecution Coordinator. With a background of nearly 18 years in intellectual property law, Juliana has extensive experience managing complex US and foreign patent filings and prosecution.Prior to joining McNeill Baur, Juliana was an International Patent Coordinator with Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett and Dunner, LLP. In this leadership role, Juliana was responsible for training and managing the Boston office’s International Filing Department, where her duties included:
- managing the international docket;
- preparing and filing foreign applications in regional patent offices, including ARIPO, Eurasia, EP, OAPI, and GCC; all PCT member countries; and nonconvention countries, such as Argentina, Hong Kong, Pakistan, Paraguay, Taiwan, Uruguay, and Venezuela;
- preparing formal documents and coordinating proper legalization of documents for international filings;
- preparing and filing PCT international applications;
preparing client reports;
- maintaining complete and accurate application electronic and paper files;
- researching international patent laws and educating attorneys and staff regarding changes in the laws.
Juliana has also served as a Senior Patent Paralegal at Quine Intellectual Law Group, P.C., and as a Foreign Filing Specialist with Townsend, Townsend and Crew LLP (now Kirkpatrick Townsend and Stockton LLP). Juliana received her Bachelor of Arts in History, from the University of California, Santa Cruz, with honors.