Life Science Practice Areas
McNeill Baur PLLC is an intellectual property law firm focusing on providing brand-name quality patent prosecution and counseling services to clients in the life science industries for reasonable costs. Our services include:
- Patent prosecution—drafting and prosecuting United States patent applications and coordinating worldwide patent prosecution;
- Patent opinions—providing patentability, freedom-to-operate, infringement, and validity opinions to help guide our clients’ patent and business strategies;
- Intellectual property portfolio management—evaluating your intellectual property portfolio and recommending strategies to cover your most important products and defer competition;
- Due diligence investigations—analyze intellectual property portfolios and licensing activities to prepare clients for business transactions;
- Patent appeals—appealing final rejections to the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), as well as to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC); and
- USPTO proceedings—representing our clients’ interests in proceedings at the USPTO, including inter partes review (IPR), post grant review (PGR), reexaminations, reissues, interferences, and derivation proceedings.
We only practice in the area of life science patent prosecution, counseling, and USPTO contentious proceedings. We have more prosecution-focused attorneys with advanced degrees in life science or chemistry disciplines than many larger firms. And we are experts at the USPTO—our attorneys have an average of 15 years of experience representing clients with problems like yours. Because our whole firm focuses on obtaining patents in the life science space, we can deliver the strongest protection for your valuable IP.
McNeill Baur was founded by Rebecca McNeill and Amelia Feulner Baur, PhD. With in-house and brand-name large law firm experience, our attorneys bring the personalized service and flexibility you would expect from a small firm with the skills and experience they delivered at leading intellectual property firms.